Tuesday, April 29, 2014

     "Fancy," is her name, and she was created at an Eggshell Mosaic Workshop with Linda Biggers, a.k.a., the Eggshell Lady, in Philadelphia, in March. 
     Linda is a wonderful instructor and gave each of us as much personal attention as we needed. I met Jessica Cherry and April Stiebel Press and they couldn't have been nicer. Annie and I had a wonderful time. It was a beautiful day and we had no problem finding our way around. The only thing we didn't count on was not being able to find a place to pick up a lunch for ourselves, so we ate from the vending machine. Yuck! So, we learned a lot and had a great time. 


Here is a wall from The Magic Gardens in Philly. It is absolutely breathtaking! The side of a building, completely mosaiced, just jumped out at us when we arrived. Bonus; we got a parking spot right outside the front door!
Once inside, it was hard to decide where to look first! It was a feast for the eyes! I need to go back because I didn't get to see everything. It was pretty cold that day and we weren't up to walking outside to find all the other mosaics.

Annie banani taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.
     
The mirror stood out the most, in the sunshine. I can't describe how beautiful it was. These pictures don't do it justice, at all.

I could have stayed, but for some reason, I was physically uncomfortable. I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but I didn't really want to hang around. Maybe, if I could have sat down somewhere. I don't know. Anyway, I would go again. I had a great time.




















No comments:

Post a Comment