Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August ATC exchange.

     Here is my beautiful ATC from Carla Lewis for our August exchange. The theme was "Artist's Favorite Color." Isn't it beautiful? She also sent me one of her exquisite pendants! I love everything about this piece and the cutting is so good.
     I love our group. I hope I get Nathan for our next exchange, because the theme is "Where We're From," and I'm from Salem, so I know I can make something that suits him just fine. He's so dark! Actually, I think I'll ask our coordinator. I'm sure she'll want to do whatever she can to make the group as much fun as possible.

     I'm working on a yoga scene right now, in eggshells. I'm kind of stuck on the window frame, though. I've painted some eggshells with a mother-of-pearl paint, but I'm not sure if I should cut the shells in a certain pattern or just have them be random.
     I'm thinking I might send it off to Linda Biggers and see what she thinks. She really has a knack. Maybe I'll do that today. 
     I have two more yoga scenes planned in the same color scheme, Dancer and Lotus. There's something about these poses that makes me feel calm and safe. It's possible that, because I practice them myself, that's the way I feel while in those poses. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way this is coming out. I'll need to create some shadows to make it a little richer and add a touch of nature. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment